Monday, May 25, 2009

South Luangwa, Zambia - A Photo Essay

Phase 3 of my post-internship-pre-return Malawian travels has been completed. I spent 4 days last week on a safari to South Luangwa National Park in Zambia and pretty much saw every type of animals there was to see. I joined a tour from the Kiboko Hotel and was with 12 others - mostly Peace Corps and Medical Students, who were all wonderful. In all we had 16 hours of game driving over 2 days so we had plenty of time to see everything! Photos of safaris are more interesting than writing, so enjoy!


Entering South Luangwa National Park


Beautiful park scenery


A Baboon


Herds of Impala - whenever we thought we saw a lion, it was actually an Impala


Zebras


Kiboko Camp - its great camping in a tent you don't have to put up, and that has electricity!


Giraffes in front of us on the road


Four female Giraffes


Okay, so I really like Giraffes


An Elephant really close to the truck


Our group - great people!


Cheeky Vervet Monkeys at the camp


When not Safariing, Gin and Tonics are necessary. Me, my tent buddy Kirsty and Peace Corps Katie


Lions! No zoom... Sorry, Julian - no Ligers - I know they are pretty much your favourite animals.

Unfortunately my camera is less than amazing, so it didn't really work for the night drive. I don't have photo evidence, but we did see a Leopard very close up, which was amazing!

Just wrapping up things in Lilongwe, and then home on Thursday...stay tuned for a heart felt wrap up post...

No comments: